The Queen: Michelle

The Queen: Michelle
I am 28 years old. Still a princess but the queen of my family. Spoiled beyond belief. Lucky and truely blessed. A lover. A crafter. A mother. A wife. A friend. This is me.

My King: Junior

My King: Junior
The LOVE of my life! He completes me and balances me out in every way. He's a workaholic. He's loud, blunt, and crazy. He drinks Monsters like his life depends on it. Above all he is the greatest Daddy I could ever ask for, for my children. And he treats me like his Queen (and he calls me that too).

The Model Child: Diego Ray

The Model Child: Diego Ray
9 years old. My only boy. He is the epitome of the perfect child. He is so responsible and independent. Wise beyond his years. He is laughter, he is love, he is compassion, he is simply amazing. He keeps me grounded and reminds me always that I am beautiful. He is a natural born leader and takes care of the household and family better than me!

The Diva: Alayna Danae

The Diva: Alayna Danae
7 years old. She is drama. My fashionista for sure with a style all her own. Sensitive and loving when she wants to be. Thumbsucker. My biggest headache because she is the most like me. She is the only one who can cause me to become uncontrollably angry. She loves to dance. She loves to model. My bookworm and most academic.

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace
4 years old. This one is something else. She is pure comedy. Never a dull moment with her crazy antics. She is also the crybaby. She does things her own way. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be cute to get it. My Disney loving pal. So girly. Her favorite color is pink. Loves Rapunzel. Will wear a dress every single day. Can't leave the house without a bow in her hair. She refuses.

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle
2 years old. My sweet baby. She loves her Mommy above all else. She is a cuddlebug for sure. The calmest most well behaved baby ever! But she has TONS of energy. She is so small and petite. She loves to sing and dance. She so SO ready for ballet and has yet to even step foot in a class. She loves Minnie Mouse and watching Disney Jr. She is hilarious and talks way too much.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 22, 2013

A Pre-Birthday Surprise!

So it started like this... I enter contests for the radio station I listen to religiously... KMLE Country 107.9 because trying to call in and win anything never even comes close for me. I don't quite have the luck my sisters does. I enter contest regularly when I read about them on their Facebook or Twitter. I do it a lot. But much to my surprise I get a call yesterday. Seeing a random number pop up on my phone I decided to answer. The girl on the other end was cheery and upbeat as she told me I won passes for the contest I had entered! I was like Woo! Elated. I was told I could take 2 people with me. Immediately I thought of my husband and my sister. But unfortunately they both work real people jobs... so right away I  thought OMG Diego would LOVE to go! And seeing that his birthday is on the 27th I thought what could be more perfect?! My husband said, "You're gonna take Diego?" My thoughts were DUH who else would appreciate this experience and be as excited as me other than my little country music loving spawn?! So I stayed tight lipped because what I really wanted to do was spill the beans... but what fun would that be?

So this morning with a little conversation on the way to school I found out what time he heads to lunch at school. 11:15. Perfect. I was asked to be at the station at 11:30 and I wanted to pick him up before he headed to lunch so it wouldn't take too long for staff to track him down for me. I dropped the girls off (Thanks Sindi you're a dollface for watching them!) And I went to school to pull him out. When he walked into the office he had no clue what was going on. He asked, "Where's Alayna?" I told him she was staying in class and that he was going with me. He gave me a blank stare and said, "What did I do?" Haha! Well truth was nothing so I said, "We're doing something special just you and I that's all."

Next task... get downtown without getting lost or killing us. Easy? Well Kinda. We're alive so that's good. See... I am NOT a driver. I hate driving. I have no idea where to go... and I do not know how to drive downtown. I can get certain places easily but  all the one ways confuse and scare me. So I plugged the address into my trusty GPS on my phone. All was going great until I passed the building. I am like uhh... so much for trusty. As the lady on my phone kept jabbering away I was telling Diego, "I think the GPS made me pass it!" But I continued to follow her. When she got to the  end she said, "Destination is on the left". It was on the left alright. Same place I had passed. And no entrance from where I was coming from. So with the one ways I had to pass it again turn around and go back. And then of course no parking. So I was directed to another parking lot... we had to walk across the street not bad and still made it on time. So I mean an adventure can't be an adventure without some adventure... right?

Before we got out of the car I finally told Diego what I was up to...



We are definitely X Factor watchers and I was in LOVE with Tate Stevens since the beginning. He was so humble, and so family oriented, plus he was country and I always am drawn to the country artists in competitions. My husband was even on the Tate bandwagon and Diego helped me vote every week from both our cell phones for him. We were dedicated and wanted him to win. So when he won we were so excited. And when they called and said we'd get to hear him sing a few songs and meet him I was totally down!


When we got there we were fed. Pretty cool :) And we got a tour of the studio and offices. I thought it was neat but it was so much cooler to see Diego finally put together the names and voices of the people we listen to daily with a face. 

David Dean was On Air so we got to wave and wait for him to finish. It was also his birthday today so we sang to him.

He was gracious enough to pose for pictures with us. I took one of him and Diego and then a lady offered to take one with me in it. My eyes have been swollen and puffy these past few days with allergies so I hesitated but when would I be lucky enough to have another chance?


 After a tour of everything and pictures and meeting people we were taken to a small room with a stage and waited for Tate Stevens.

There was like 20 in the room and it was so cool to have him just sit and talk to us. Answer questions and of course he sang a few songs from his upcoming first album.


He sang his first single "The Power of a Love Song" which I had heard already a couple times. Such a beautiful song. I am known to be a crybaby and I shed a tear hearing him sing it live. Swoon.



At one point when Tate, or Tater as he said everyone who truly knows him calls him, was telling us how the audition process went... he was trying to recall a date. He asked, "What's today's date?" And Diego like a cannon shouted out, "The 22nd!" Everyone laughed and he said wow that was quick! Diego replied, "Cuz my birthday is in 5 days!" Which caused everyone to laugh even harder! They joked about it and we got to hear him talk with us some more. If I didn't like him before I like him even more now. The charismatic humble man I saw on TV is exactly the same in person. I've never met a celebrity before and this was fun to just meet someone who is on his way up and in my opinion will have a great career in country music. He sounds awesome live. It was really fun for me... but even better seeing how cool it was for Diego.



After the mini concert the whole staff was telling Diego happy birthday and treating him like royalty... high fives and all. Here he is with Brad Booker and Nina D. Whom we love listen to!


After more high fives Diego got to talk more with Tate. He signed him an autograph and took pictures!



And I got one too :)


And then they surprised us and gave Diego a birthday present. The Gary Allen CD (Thank goodness he shares my love of country music), stickers, and some tickets for our family for the Renaissance Festival. It was so nice of them and I am glad that Diego and I could do this together. I remember my first concert like it was yesterday and I was in 7th grade. I know today and this experience will be something he will never forget.



On the way out I couldn't help but try and steal a smooch from Mr. Aldean. I stare at his face everyday when I sit at my desk... I think I need a cardboard cutout now too.


Before heading back to real life... you know picking up the kids from school and being a Mommy again... we grabbed some Starbucks. A great day for a great boy!



Thanks KMLE Country 107.9!

No comments: