The Queen: Michelle

The Queen: Michelle
I am 28 years old. Still a princess but the queen of my family. Spoiled beyond belief. Lucky and truely blessed. A lover. A crafter. A mother. A wife. A friend. This is me.

My King: Junior

My King: Junior
The LOVE of my life! He completes me and balances me out in every way. He's a workaholic. He's loud, blunt, and crazy. He drinks Monsters like his life depends on it. Above all he is the greatest Daddy I could ever ask for, for my children. And he treats me like his Queen (and he calls me that too).

The Model Child: Diego Ray

The Model Child: Diego Ray
9 years old. My only boy. He is the epitome of the perfect child. He is so responsible and independent. Wise beyond his years. He is laughter, he is love, he is compassion, he is simply amazing. He keeps me grounded and reminds me always that I am beautiful. He is a natural born leader and takes care of the household and family better than me!

The Diva: Alayna Danae

The Diva: Alayna Danae
7 years old. She is drama. My fashionista for sure with a style all her own. Sensitive and loving when she wants to be. Thumbsucker. My biggest headache because she is the most like me. She is the only one who can cause me to become uncontrollably angry. She loves to dance. She loves to model. My bookworm and most academic.

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace
4 years old. This one is something else. She is pure comedy. Never a dull moment with her crazy antics. She is also the crybaby. She does things her own way. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be cute to get it. My Disney loving pal. So girly. Her favorite color is pink. Loves Rapunzel. Will wear a dress every single day. Can't leave the house without a bow in her hair. She refuses.

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle
2 years old. My sweet baby. She loves her Mommy above all else. She is a cuddlebug for sure. The calmest most well behaved baby ever! But she has TONS of energy. She is so small and petite. She loves to sing and dance. She so SO ready for ballet and has yet to even step foot in a class. She loves Minnie Mouse and watching Disney Jr. She is hilarious and talks way too much.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Missing Blogger...

So I have been MIA for quite a few days now. Yes, not too cool. But let me just tell you my story.

On Friday night I thought I felt my daughter a little warm and thought that maybe she was coming down with something. My mom said that she wasn't warm and maybe I was imagining it. Well that could have been the case because I've been a little sick lately and maybe it was me who was warm and not her. Well, mother's intuition was right and she woke up Saturday morning burning up! So right away I gave her some children's motrin to bring down her fever. She was pretty much her normal self. She had a little soup to eat and was playing with her brother like usual. But by noon she kept complaining that she was cold. Seeing that she was burning up still... my mom put her in the bath and tried to cool her down a little. We dressed her and she was still crying that she was cold and wanted a blanket. Now every doctor I have ever talked to has always told me that when a baby has a fever, to take off all their clothes and don't cover them with a blanket. But as hot as her body felt... her feet were cold as ice and she was shivering... no ex that... TREMBLING. Finally we made the decision to take her to Urgent Care.

My daddy accompanied us to Urgent Care. While we waited her played with Alayna to keep her busy. It was cute. They took her back rather quickly. It wasn't too bad of a wait. She was miserable by then and very tired. She fell asleep for maybe 10 minutes while we were waiting for the doctor to see her. Once the doctor came in and woke her up she was mad! She screamed and wouldn't let them touch her. We had to forcefully give her some motrin. She had a temperature of 103 and they thought she had an ear infection. We went home and that was it.


She pretty much was whiney and miserable the whole rest of the day. We didn't sleep much and I was miserable.

On Sunday morning we woke up to the same thing. She was still running a fever. She was still crying all day. And this time she wouldn't eat. My kids are rarely ever sick so this was draining for me. I have a 4 year old who doesn't really need a lot of care just a lot of attention. He loves to talk and although he's very independent and does most things for himself... he does demand a lot of attention from me. It was hard to balance listening to him and caring for a very sick, very whiney, very hot-headed two year old little girl. And then being pregnant and dealing with everything that goes along with that... boy was I at the end of my rope Sunday night. My husband took over and I got some much needed rest.

Monday morning I wake up to her crying for some juice. I get up and discover that she doesn't really have a fever anymore. I made some french toast for breakfast and to my surprise she actually ate a piece! I was thinking things were finally looking up. Boy was I wrong... way to rain on my parade. After breakfast she then started to complain that her mouth hurt. I didn't think anything of it though. At lunch I made some soup and she wanted a bowl. I started to feed her and when she opened her mouth I noticed that she had sores in her mouth and on her tongue. I called my husband at work right away. He said to call my mom. We decided to take her back to the Doctor. At this point she couldn't even drink out of her sippy cup and her mouth looked a little swollen. The doctor took a look at her and decided that they looked like fever blisters from her having such a high temperature. She prescribed some medicine that would somewhat numb her mouth to make it more bareable but there was nothing we could do to make them go away any faster. She said that they could take 7 days and maybe even longer for them to fully go away. Until then we were to give her soup and cold things to drink. We bought her some otter pops and that's the only thing that seemed to soothe her somewhat. But she still wouldn't eat any food.

Today... well that wasn't any better. It's 8:01 pm as I am writing this and she's only had a half a bowl of soup to eat all day. Nothing to drink at all. She doesn't even want otter pops at this point. What kids turns down ice cream? Well the one that is really truly in pain I guess. She looks like she's been in a fight and some one got her good right in the kisser. She's has only stopped crying for a total of maybe 45 minutes ALL DAY. There was a point in the afternoon where I really though I was gonna lose it! Not because she was being annoying but I could see just how much pain she was in. She kept saying that she was hungry but any attempt to put soup into her mouth and she'd start crying again. As a mother it breaks my heart to not be able to fix whatever is wrong with her. I felt so helpless just sitting there watching her cry and hold her hand to to her mouth saying "ouchie".

I finally just had to get up and walk into the other room. I couldn't take it anymore. As I sat there thinking of what I could do... I suddenly realized that she was all of a sudden so quiet. All I could hear was my sister blow drying her hair and my nephew splashing in the bathtub. And if you knew my daughter... you'd know that that was a "uh-oh what is she getting into moment". Well I start walking around the house looking for her and I find her...


Yes I find her alright...


Not where I'd imagine to find her... or how I imagined to find her...


Yes... there she was...

In the bathtub... with all her clothes still on... splashing around happily.

What was a mother to do? I let her splash and play for 10 minutes in her clothes. Hey it kept her quiet! The most quiet I had had all day!

The rest of today has been the same though. No eating, just crying. But Daddy is home now and it's his turn. So that finally gave me an opportunity to sit here and write. Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on. It's been very theraputic for me. I needed this. Hopefully I won't go this long without a post again. But with kids life is unpredictable and who knows what tomorrow has in store for me. I am heading to bed early tonight. Talk to you all later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! I hope she gets well soon! Hopefully today will be different! I love the bath though! I bet that one let you take a breather! We hate when our kids are sick! We never get any rest and neither do they but worse is as a parent your heart aches when something on them aches

Wanda said...

How this brings back memories of my early motherhood. Mine are all grown up, but a post like yours and those darling pictures, takes me back....they were hard times, but I wouldn't trade them for anything, and neither will you.