The Queen: Michelle

The Queen: Michelle
I am 28 years old. Still a princess but the queen of my family. Spoiled beyond belief. Lucky and truely blessed. A lover. A crafter. A mother. A wife. A friend. This is me.

My King: Junior

My King: Junior
The LOVE of my life! He completes me and balances me out in every way. He's a workaholic. He's loud, blunt, and crazy. He drinks Monsters like his life depends on it. Above all he is the greatest Daddy I could ever ask for, for my children. And he treats me like his Queen (and he calls me that too).

The Model Child: Diego Ray

The Model Child: Diego Ray
9 years old. My only boy. He is the epitome of the perfect child. He is so responsible and independent. Wise beyond his years. He is laughter, he is love, he is compassion, he is simply amazing. He keeps me grounded and reminds me always that I am beautiful. He is a natural born leader and takes care of the household and family better than me!

The Diva: Alayna Danae

The Diva: Alayna Danae
7 years old. She is drama. My fashionista for sure with a style all her own. Sensitive and loving when she wants to be. Thumbsucker. My biggest headache because she is the most like me. She is the only one who can cause me to become uncontrollably angry. She loves to dance. She loves to model. My bookworm and most academic.

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace
4 years old. This one is something else. She is pure comedy. Never a dull moment with her crazy antics. She is also the crybaby. She does things her own way. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be cute to get it. My Disney loving pal. So girly. Her favorite color is pink. Loves Rapunzel. Will wear a dress every single day. Can't leave the house without a bow in her hair. She refuses.

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle
2 years old. My sweet baby. She loves her Mommy above all else. She is a cuddlebug for sure. The calmest most well behaved baby ever! But she has TONS of energy. She is so small and petite. She loves to sing and dance. She so SO ready for ballet and has yet to even step foot in a class. She loves Minnie Mouse and watching Disney Jr. She is hilarious and talks way too much.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Reading

When I was a little girl, my Daddy used to take me to the Library during the beginning of the summer. He'd have my sister and I join the summer reading program. I loved it more than my sister. I always had my nose in a book. I would read them in a day or two. And the reading program was fun because for every 30 minutes of reading you got to color in one square in the cool chart they gave you. And each time you reached a different checkpoint... you could take it in and you got a little prize. Until you reached the end and got a bigger prize. It kept me motivated and since I already LOVED to read. I would whiz through it way before the summer was over.

I don't read a lot.

No scracth that... I haven picked up a book in over a year. In the past 4 years I have probably only read like 4 books. And that's not an exaggeration.

I can actually name them in order...

Little Earthquakes - About 4 years ago my sister (who reads a lot more than I do)raved about this book. She loved and wanted me to read it. She bugged me for a long time until she finally dragged me down to the public library, checked it out with her library card... since I didn't own one, forced me to get a library card, and made me read that dang book. Needless to say, I didn't like the book. I should have known because, well, my sister and I hardly ever have the same tastes in anything. I am a little bit country, and she's a little rock n roll... so to say.

A Bend in the Road - Last year I fianally had the erge to pick up another book. But I wasn't sure what. I am not easily entertained by books and usually read a chapter and never pick them up again. So one night my husband and I decided to walk to our local Walgreens which is about 10 minutes walking distance from our house. We walked the aisles picking up sodas, ice cream, chips, and more stuff. At the end of the candy aisle they have a little section of magazines and novels. Jr remembered me saying I wanted to read and knowing that I am not easily amused when it came to book... he started reading the backs of all the books, searching and trying to find something I could possibly be interested in. After giving me a million possible books and me being uninterested in any of them... he finally gave up and started to put the last book back. As he was putting it back I noticed the book behind it... and I said, "Oh a Nicholas Sparks novel... I bet that's good..." As I started to walk away he noted the name of the book, A Bend in the Road, and we went home. About a week later I got the book in the mail... along with The Guardian. He had ordered them for me through Amazon and I instantly sat down to read the first one. I had never read any of his books but "The Notebook" and "A Walk to Remember" are two of my ultimate favorite movies. So I had a feeling it was somehting I could get into. And I was right. It took me to days to read it. And I only put it down when I had to. Good book!

Twilight - After reading the previous book I was on a little kick and asked my cousin Alexis, who is the the most avid reader I know, to recommend a book. She let me borrow a book called Twilight. This one took me about a week to read and again another book I just couldn't put down. A different book then the previous one but it was Awesome! It's only the 1st of a 3 or 4 part series. I started to read the second but I was pregnant wil Arielle when I started it and never got through the first couple of chapters. I do want to finish reading it though.



And Monday I started reading The Guardian. I finished earlier today. Such a good book. Again by Nicholas Sparks but completely different from the other one I read by him. Seriously it was a story of love, of tragedy, hope, friendship, and sadness.


Julie Barenson’s young husband left her two unexpected gifts before he died – a puppy named Singer and the promise that he would always be watching over her. Now, four years later, twenty-nine year-old Julie is far too young to have given up on love. She may be ready to risk caring for someone again. But who?
Should it be Richard Franklin, the sophisticated, handsome engineer who treats her like a queen? Or Mike Harris, the down-to-earth nice guy who was her husband’s best friend? Choosing one of them should bring her more happiness than she’s had in years. Instead, Julie is soon fighting for her life in a nightmare spawned by a chilling deception and jealousy so poisonous that it has become a murderous desire. . .

So have you read any good book lately? Any particular favorites you have. I feel like reading another and will take any suggestions! Throw one at me...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol.well we have similar tastes, but i like james patterson better than nicholas sparks.cuz they are more interesting to me and those i read fast cuz i can't put it down lol.but yeah.read 'a walk to remember.'i'll let you know if i read any other good ones i think you would like. :]

-Becca

Jose said...

You know your list and my list will never ever match. As of right now I am reading a book called "Hiring Keepers" and it was published by Moster.com and it came to me by chance. I don't know why I am reading a book about hiring practices when I haven't hired anyone in the past two years. Without reading this book I have always hired keepers. Or in my case "stayers".

*Tiff* said...

It's good to read... I don't read much but I am reading a cute book called Sunday's at Tiffany's and it's actually pretty good. Have fun reading. Also the author of Twilight just came out with a new book and I believe she has/had a signing this weekend.

Chely said...

Well, out of all my siblings, I am the laziest reader. I don't read much. Except for all the Blogs. LOL=D

The last book I read was, "El Regalo del Tiempo" by Jorge Ramos & this was back in late September of 2007.

Yesterday, however, my friend Querubina gave me a copy of the critically aclaimed, "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. My copy is in spanish and I have heard great things about this book. It is a motivational book and I'm always up for motivation.

I don't know how long it'll take me to finish it, but I'm hoping that I'm inspired to continue reading a bit more than I currently do.

I will give you a my opinion on it when I'm done:)

Anonymous said...

Well.. right now I am reading the fourth book of the series of The Sisterhood of the Traveling pants. Its really good. All those four books are really good. I lovee Nicholas Sparks! Even though you've watched "A Walk to Remember" and "The Notebook" you still have to read the books. In my opinion "The Notebook" the book was really good....and maybe even better than the movie.

Michelle..boo. i was waiting on book reviews and you just said why you started reading the books.lol

Jenni said...

Michelle - if you like little earthquakes you will love GOOD IN BED.. I loved LOVE LOve this book!!! Its such a good read.. I love Jennifer weiner anyway.. Little earthquakes was a very cute book.. :)
Good for you. I love reading it makes me feel like I'm learning something.. :0)