The Queen: Michelle

The Queen: Michelle
I am 28 years old. Still a princess but the queen of my family. Spoiled beyond belief. Lucky and truely blessed. A lover. A crafter. A mother. A wife. A friend. This is me.

My King: Junior

My King: Junior
The LOVE of my life! He completes me and balances me out in every way. He's a workaholic. He's loud, blunt, and crazy. He drinks Monsters like his life depends on it. Above all he is the greatest Daddy I could ever ask for, for my children. And he treats me like his Queen (and he calls me that too).

The Model Child: Diego Ray

The Model Child: Diego Ray
9 years old. My only boy. He is the epitome of the perfect child. He is so responsible and independent. Wise beyond his years. He is laughter, he is love, he is compassion, he is simply amazing. He keeps me grounded and reminds me always that I am beautiful. He is a natural born leader and takes care of the household and family better than me!

The Diva: Alayna Danae

The Diva: Alayna Danae
7 years old. She is drama. My fashionista for sure with a style all her own. Sensitive and loving when she wants to be. Thumbsucker. My biggest headache because she is the most like me. She is the only one who can cause me to become uncontrollably angry. She loves to dance. She loves to model. My bookworm and most academic.

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace
4 years old. This one is something else. She is pure comedy. Never a dull moment with her crazy antics. She is also the crybaby. She does things her own way. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be cute to get it. My Disney loving pal. So girly. Her favorite color is pink. Loves Rapunzel. Will wear a dress every single day. Can't leave the house without a bow in her hair. She refuses.

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle
2 years old. My sweet baby. She loves her Mommy above all else. She is a cuddlebug for sure. The calmest most well behaved baby ever! But she has TONS of energy. She is so small and petite. She loves to sing and dance. She so SO ready for ballet and has yet to even step foot in a class. She loves Minnie Mouse and watching Disney Jr. She is hilarious and talks way too much.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

SYTYCD Top 20

OK so I am so happy to finally be able to start watching this show. I've kinda watched the auditions but not fully. Pieces here and there. But once the competition starts I have to watch. So I am kinda taking a page from my Daddy's Blog and doing a weekly SYTYCD post. I will post my opinions and critiques... which I wrote down before I even heard the judges because I don't want to be swayed by them.

These are my opinions on the show: In ranking order from most favorite to least favorite and NOT in order of appearance... (And excuse my overuse of Awesome, Cute, and anything along those lines because I will probably use it)

1. Katee & Joshua's Hip Hop -- HOLY CRAP!!!! Awesome. Ok guys, c'mon after 4 seasons of watching this show, I have to say this was the SINGLE BEST Hip-Hop routine ever. It actually moved me on an emotional and spiritual level. The choreography, the chemistry, the vulnerability, Wow. Katee was definitely the performer and Joshua complimented were the amazing technique. For me, this was perfection, and should rank on some of the best of the series. I was as stunned as Nigel. I completely loved the ending with the exchange of the shirt. Brilliant. Katee just left a sour taste in my mouth after the last show and when I heard they were doing Hip Hop I knew Joshua would do good since he's a popper... but Katee actually left me feeling pleasantly surprised.

2. Chelsie H & Mark's -- I love Mia Michaels. She creates such beautiful pieces and has proven to be awesome time and time again. This was beautiful. She blows me away. I love the balance between beautiful contemporary ballet and kinda quirky. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen.

3. Kherington and Twitch's Broadway -- Or should I say Twitchington? Both of them are really very good! I was rooting for Twitch since he just missed his chance last year. I thought he might have a hard time with Broadway but he did awesome. he was totally in character and rocked it. Kherington is just a natural. She's so cute. They totally remind me of Musa and Natalie from last year who I loved to death too! These two will go far.

4. Chelsea T. and Thayne's Cha-Cha -- It was HOT! Definitely Hot Tamale Train status! Thayne reminds me a lot of Benji! And Chelsea is absolutely stunning! Wow what a great body. The whole dance was great. Lots of energy. Since I have nothing to complain about then I will just say she does need to move her hips a little more for a cha cha. It wasn't enough hip action for me. But it was great!

5. Comfort and Chris's Jive -- Aside from far too much personality overriding technique, I felt this was actually a pretty good routine. It certainly showed Comfort was no "slouch" in the showmanship department. She surprised me because she is a hip hop dancer. Now while I think Chris is not a tree, and I do predict he'd be the boy most likely leaving the competition this week, he really has to bring it, because he is liable to be easily lost in the crowd.

6. Kourtni and Matt's Jazz -- I gotta say this was a little better than the judges said. The choreography was cool. I liked the routine itself. Matt is too gigantic to be up there doing the jive and maybe that's part of the problem. Kourtni is a way good dancer though! I think he kinda brought her down.

7. Rayven & Jaime's Hip Hop -- I have to give them credit for being the very first number of the whole entire season let alone the show. It was pretty good and I think Hip was right to start the show off with tons of energy. I don't have anything special to say about the dance in particular but I do have to give props to Jamie, which the judges didn't seem to at all. He popped, locked, and funked like the best of them. This guy has a lot of energy and is very versatile, and it's too bad the judges didn't see that. The routine itself wasn't that bad, it just wasn't particularly memorable.

8. Courtney and Gev's Disco -- I thought I was watching the same show as Nigel. While he and I agreed about the best routine of the night, I have to say I COMPLETELY disagree with him on this one, and I'm sure America will too. Disco is about personality and lifts. He focused too much on the details of the technique and less of what the couple actually brought. Those two have a great partnership, one of the few couplings whose personalities both shine, and I agree with Mary and Dan on this one. Nigel was WAAAYYYY too harsh. He did almost drop her more than once but the routine was fast and hard. Technically they are not all the way up to par... but it's the 1st week. Cut them a break!

9. Jessica and William's Tango -- Hmm, I greatly disagree with Mary on this one. How can she be saying that Jessica had major technical issues then proclaim them the couple to beat? Do not get that. It was hugely overrated. Yeah, Jessica is pretty good... and I like her a lot, but the character tonight and the technique were not right. YOU DO NOT SMILE GLEEFULLY IN A TANGO! William was good too, but he needs to show more personality I think. I think they could do SOOOO much better.

10. Marquis and Susie -- Its the waltz. Its boring. It was messed up. The only good part of the routine was that Susie actually demonstrated shes more than just a Shakira wannabe. I think she could improve some more. I give her points for effort though. Marquis, WHY WERE THE COMPLIMENTING HIM! I wanted to scream at the judges because he nearly stumbled on his pirouettes and was on the verge of dropping Susie in multiple lifts. Yet they praise him. Wow....just no. This routine gets my lowest score because of so many obvious mistakes that were made.

So that's it. All in all a great kick off show! It's very hard because I didn't completely dislike anyone.
My votes for who to leave?

Guy: Matt or Marquis
Girl: Rayven

Who are your favorites and not-so favorites?

No comments: