The Queen: Michelle

The Queen: Michelle
I am 28 years old. Still a princess but the queen of my family. Spoiled beyond belief. Lucky and truely blessed. A lover. A crafter. A mother. A wife. A friend. This is me.

My King: Junior

My King: Junior
The LOVE of my life! He completes me and balances me out in every way. He's a workaholic. He's loud, blunt, and crazy. He drinks Monsters like his life depends on it. Above all he is the greatest Daddy I could ever ask for, for my children. And he treats me like his Queen (and he calls me that too).

The Model Child: Diego Ray

The Model Child: Diego Ray
9 years old. My only boy. He is the epitome of the perfect child. He is so responsible and independent. Wise beyond his years. He is laughter, he is love, he is compassion, he is simply amazing. He keeps me grounded and reminds me always that I am beautiful. He is a natural born leader and takes care of the household and family better than me!

The Diva: Alayna Danae

The Diva: Alayna Danae
7 years old. She is drama. My fashionista for sure with a style all her own. Sensitive and loving when she wants to be. Thumbsucker. My biggest headache because she is the most like me. She is the only one who can cause me to become uncontrollably angry. She loves to dance. She loves to model. My bookworm and most academic.

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace
4 years old. This one is something else. She is pure comedy. Never a dull moment with her crazy antics. She is also the crybaby. She does things her own way. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be cute to get it. My Disney loving pal. So girly. Her favorite color is pink. Loves Rapunzel. Will wear a dress every single day. Can't leave the house without a bow in her hair. She refuses.

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle
2 years old. My sweet baby. She loves her Mommy above all else. She is a cuddlebug for sure. The calmest most well behaved baby ever! But she has TONS of energy. She is so small and petite. She loves to sing and dance. She so SO ready for ballet and has yet to even step foot in a class. She loves Minnie Mouse and watching Disney Jr. She is hilarious and talks way too much.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Updates

Ok so I haven't had a chance to blog... (I have a few posts I am working on)... things get very busy around the Holidays and they're coming fast.

------------------------------------------------------------------

First off I wanted to show you my sister's zebra nails...
(in my previous post I told you her nails were also coincidently painted zebra too... so are her toes but she wouldn't take off her shoes to let me take a picture)


Ok so these aren't great pictures... but I told you she's really good!



Alayna saw her doing them and wanted them done too...

Here's the Before:

And the After:
Doesn't she have the CUTEST nails!
My baby is such a girly girl!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now being that their is a strain in our economy and a even bigger strain in all our financial situations I decided to teach myself to sew. Yes I said it sew... hey my Abuelita sews and my Mama (Who passed away when I was 2) was a seamstress... it's in my blood... so I figured I may just have the talent for it too.

Well I was wrong.

Threading the machine proved to be a little complicated. Well in my defense even though as a child I watched my Abuelita sew ALL DAY LONG I never really paid attention to what she did. But my husband knew how to do it (growing up with a mom who worked 3 jobs and 4 kids to support he had to learn a lot of things that I never would have... like how to make sunny side up eggs too... but that's besides the point) and he helped me get the machine set up and gave me a quick lesson.

Once I thought I could handle it I started. In a few hours I had made 2 dresses... one for each of my girls. They look ok. I was proud. Just don't look at the inside cuz that's a whole different story entirely!

So here's the dresses on the live models... hey it's a work in progress.


And what was the grand total? I paid 67 cents for the material in the remnants section at Joann's and the ribbon was $1. Another $1 for the thread... and there ya go! Just about $3 for 2 dresses... that's not half bad at all.

And THEN my friend Tiff came over to my house and made me a pattern which made my life a whole lot easier! And she showed me some tricks to make it easier to sew the dresses as well. So I am getting started on my second batch of dresses. I'll show you those when I finish.

I am thinking possible Christmas presents? Good idea...

--------------------------------------------------------

We went to my cousin Raulito's housewarming party on Saturday. He, his wife, and son are the proud owners of their first home. I am so happy for them and it's so cute!

CONGRATULATIONS GOMEZ FAMILY!

----------------------------------------------------------

And my brother and sister in law have also bought their first home! They moved in 3 weeks ago and I am beyond excited for them too! I love their house it has so much character. And I am planning a housewarming party for them right after the holidays... too many things coming up to fit it in.

So that's it for now.

Stayed tuned for tomorrow's post about my niece's 8th Birthday party.

4 comments:

Chely said...

You changed the look of your blog!
I couldn't find the "Comment" section=p

Anyway, your little girl's dresses are so cute. I can just imagine how the inside looks but...who cares!

I was just talking to my mom the other day about her not sewing anymore. She kept on stressing the fact that there is no use for it anymore, since she can't go out and sell her creations. I mentioned to her that she shouldn't stop doing she loved, just because she can't go out to sell. I encouraged her to sew for her family.

I invite you to take this opportunity to ask her for help. She needs to feel needed and passing on her knowledge would be great for her and great for you.

What do you think?

Crystal said...

Oh man, I've been wanting to learn to sew for SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long!! I used to walk into Joanne's all the time and would just stare at the fabrics. I tell Mom I wanted some and she's say "for what??: lol

You keep at it and teach me as you go too haha!

Michelle said...

Tia - Thanks... I worked hard on them. I actually already have asked her about 3 times. She does get a little excited when I ask her questions and stuff. But I've asked her twice if she would wanna show me but she seems very uninterested. She said it's a hassle to have to use her big machines, I don't wanna keep pressing her because I know she loved it so much and I don't want her to feel like she has to and then end up being something she'll dread doing. However she has been offering me her advice since she saw the dresses the other day on the girls.

Crystal - I know! I had been to. I love that maybe I can make some clothes for my daughters. I go into Joann's a lot and drool over all the pretty fabric. Then one day my Mom and I were in there and she said I should just buy some and give it a try... so I did just that. If I can get it... I'll teach you.

*Tiff* said...

I love her nails and I am glad the pattern for the dress helped!