The Queen: Michelle

The Queen: Michelle
I am 28 years old. Still a princess but the queen of my family. Spoiled beyond belief. Lucky and truely blessed. A lover. A crafter. A mother. A wife. A friend. This is me.

My King: Junior

My King: Junior
The LOVE of my life! He completes me and balances me out in every way. He's a workaholic. He's loud, blunt, and crazy. He drinks Monsters like his life depends on it. Above all he is the greatest Daddy I could ever ask for, for my children. And he treats me like his Queen (and he calls me that too).

The Model Child: Diego Ray

The Model Child: Diego Ray
9 years old. My only boy. He is the epitome of the perfect child. He is so responsible and independent. Wise beyond his years. He is laughter, he is love, he is compassion, he is simply amazing. He keeps me grounded and reminds me always that I am beautiful. He is a natural born leader and takes care of the household and family better than me!

The Diva: Alayna Danae

The Diva: Alayna Danae
7 years old. She is drama. My fashionista for sure with a style all her own. Sensitive and loving when she wants to be. Thumbsucker. My biggest headache because she is the most like me. She is the only one who can cause me to become uncontrollably angry. She loves to dance. She loves to model. My bookworm and most academic.

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace
4 years old. This one is something else. She is pure comedy. Never a dull moment with her crazy antics. She is also the crybaby. She does things her own way. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be cute to get it. My Disney loving pal. So girly. Her favorite color is pink. Loves Rapunzel. Will wear a dress every single day. Can't leave the house without a bow in her hair. She refuses.

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle
2 years old. My sweet baby. She loves her Mommy above all else. She is a cuddlebug for sure. The calmest most well behaved baby ever! But she has TONS of energy. She is so small and petite. She loves to sing and dance. She so SO ready for ballet and has yet to even step foot in a class. She loves Minnie Mouse and watching Disney Jr. She is hilarious and talks way too much.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Goddaughter's 1st Birthday!

Seriously how can it be a year already? That's means my Arielle is just 4 months away from the big "1" as well!

My Goddaughter Arianna turned one last Thursday (the 4th). It was a long hard pregnancy for my BFF. After a few miscarriages she was finally able to carry Arianna past the first trimester. We knew she'd be a high-risk pregnancy even before she ever got pregnant due to her weight, but we weren't prepared to deal with her miscarrying. So when she got past her first trimester she wasn't all that excited. And although I was, I understand very well why she didn't show much emotion. She wanted to be excited, and happy, and everything that goes along with pregnancy, but she just couldn't be happy knowing that she could lose the baby again. Around that time I found out I was pregnant with Arielle. At first we kept it from her. I didn't want to rain on her parade when she was finally starting to warm up to the idea. But the EXTREME morning sickness, afternoon sickness, and night sickness... yes I was sick all day long... finally started to show, and I knew she'd catch on sooner or later. So Jr and decided to tell her.

She was so excited that we could share this time together. It actually took me by surprise. She was truly excited and finally everything seemed real for her. She was due Jan 31st and I was due Apr. 10. Even better, our babies would only be 2 1/2 months apart in age!

By her 5th month she was feeling very tired and weak. She could hardly work anymore... she works for In N Out (7 years)... and standing on her feet all day was taking a huge toll on her. I urged her to switch to part-time but she was so stubborn and wanted to work until the end. Had she not worked in fast food I don't think I would have pressed it so hard but I knew how fragile her body was and wanted her to take it easy. She went in for her ultrasound to learn the baby's sex and unfortunately there was a low amount of fluid and they couldn't tell. They decided to keep a close watch on her and put her on bedrest, she wasn't allowed to work anymore. The very next day she went to work and while bending over she ruptured her water. She sent us into a panic! At this point she was barely 22 weeks.

She spent 10 long weeks on strict bed rest in the hospital. I was literally praying hard for everything to be alright. You hear so many stories and many don't end well... but for her sake I prayed. They never were able to tell her the sex even though she had a weekly ultrasound. She was very well taken care of in the hospital even though she was absolutely miserable there. And on Dec 3rd I got the call that she would be induced the following morning. Jr and I were so excited.

We woke up the following morning and rushed to the hospital. We waited patiently for the Dr to come in and let us know when it was time. I was ready for hours and hours of labor... but the Dr said the baby was under a lot of stress and decided on an emergency c-section. So in she went. We waited with her family and boyfriend for what seemed like forever on pins and needles. Really it was barely about 30 minutes, maybe 40 at the most, and out came her mom with the nurses wheeling a small little bundle passed us. We only got a glimpse as we all struggled to see the baby, but the nurses were in a hurry to get her to the NICU and barely stopped for 5 seconds for us to look. I didn't even get a chance to turn on my camera it was that fast. And as they're running away we ask her mom... what is it?! Then she turns and yells... OH She's a girl!!! Arianna!

Jr and I were so excited... we had a goddaughter! I felt like it was my own baby. I think Jr felt the same... we had smiles plastered on our faces. We were godparents (or soon-to-be), her mom was a Grandmother, and her grandma was a great-grandmother for the 2nd time! It was truly one of the greatest days of my life.

Jazmine has always been there for me. She bends over backward for me and my family. She's Diego's Nina and has gone above and beyond her duties as a friend and godmother. I know many people who could attest to that. And being there for her this time was awesome!

Arianna still stuggled a lot after birth. There was a time when they almost lost her and Jaz had even wanted to call a priest and have us baptize her there in the hospital. But Arianna doesn't give up. She held on and surpassed everyone's expectations. Dr expected her to not go home until her actual due date making her 2 months old. Well she came home Jan 4th... on her one month birthday! And ever since then I have loved watching her grow... especially alongside Arielle.. who now is 4 months younger (to the day, might I add).

I know that was a long story but I am extremely proud to be her Nina and I love her and Jazmine more than more people can understand. Jazmine is more to me than a friend, than a commadre, than family even... I don't know how to even describe her. She's amazing.

And I felt immense pride being introduced as her Godmother at her birthday party this past Saturday. Arianna is growing so fast. And she is in no way behind developmentally and is just so much fun to be around. She's so loving and gives kisses all day long. Ok the only problem is she doesn't like her Nino anymore... but we're working on that. Haha.

So here's some pictures from her party:







No comments: