The Queen: Michelle

The Queen: Michelle
I am 28 years old. Still a princess but the queen of my family. Spoiled beyond belief. Lucky and truely blessed. A lover. A crafter. A mother. A wife. A friend. This is me.

My King: Junior

My King: Junior
The LOVE of my life! He completes me and balances me out in every way. He's a workaholic. He's loud, blunt, and crazy. He drinks Monsters like his life depends on it. Above all he is the greatest Daddy I could ever ask for, for my children. And he treats me like his Queen (and he calls me that too).

The Model Child: Diego Ray

The Model Child: Diego Ray
9 years old. My only boy. He is the epitome of the perfect child. He is so responsible and independent. Wise beyond his years. He is laughter, he is love, he is compassion, he is simply amazing. He keeps me grounded and reminds me always that I am beautiful. He is a natural born leader and takes care of the household and family better than me!

The Diva: Alayna Danae

The Diva: Alayna Danae
7 years old. She is drama. My fashionista for sure with a style all her own. Sensitive and loving when she wants to be. Thumbsucker. My biggest headache because she is the most like me. She is the only one who can cause me to become uncontrollably angry. She loves to dance. She loves to model. My bookworm and most academic.

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace
4 years old. This one is something else. She is pure comedy. Never a dull moment with her crazy antics. She is also the crybaby. She does things her own way. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be cute to get it. My Disney loving pal. So girly. Her favorite color is pink. Loves Rapunzel. Will wear a dress every single day. Can't leave the house without a bow in her hair. She refuses.

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle
2 years old. My sweet baby. She loves her Mommy above all else. She is a cuddlebug for sure. The calmest most well behaved baby ever! But she has TONS of energy. She is so small and petite. She loves to sing and dance. She so SO ready for ballet and has yet to even step foot in a class. She loves Minnie Mouse and watching Disney Jr. She is hilarious and talks way too much.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Every year I do the bulk of the Christmas decorating in our house. I call it my Winter wonderland. Usually the house looks like Santa's workshop threw up. But this year we kept it more simple. Sticking with the more traditional red, greens, and gold.

Here's out tree. My Dad helped me raise it onto Diego's Cars table and we made a tableskirt out of a tablecloth to cover up Lightning McQueen. Our tree is so tiny... so it really helped. Not only that, then we could fit all the gifts under it... This was the first night we put it up and stacked the gifts... now there's about twice as many as that.

Here's the dining room table. I started decorating it but was put on hold because my mom wanted my Dad to clean the chandelier. So while we were gone one day, he cleaned them and my mom totally re-did and added to the table. Looks pretty awesome no?

We don't have a chimney anymore... the house we grew up in did. Funny thing is at the old house we never had stockings as kids. My husband's family always does stockings... so for the past 4 years we've incorporated it with my parents as well. So to the left are my family's, the middle 2 are my parents, the 5 on the right are my brother's family, and the 3 on the far right are my sister's family. (Don't mind the ones on the far left because those are the ones I have to take to my Mother-in-Law's house)

This picture was taken after the previous one... now our "Chiminey" is full of Christmas cards. The left side are mine (and Diego's)... and the right side are my parents. We've recieved lots of cards!!! (Actually a few more have been added since the taking of this picture as well. So thank you friends!)


And on our tree we have a weird mixture. No ornaments match and there are only a few on there. Each one is special for one reason or another.

I made this little soldier when I was like 8 or 9. My sister also made one that is on our tree as well. My aunt had taken us to Maryvale Ballpark for a Christmas event thing that they had and that's where we made them.

This baby Jesus was given to my mom by my sister's Godmother I believe. Before she was even born... so before she was even her Godmother. They worked together at a bank what I was a baby and that's how they met. She gave it to her as a gift. And it's still around. I have always hung it right under the star. I don't think anyone else knows that... but I feel it's where he belongs. Plus I was always afraid of breaking it and my Mom being super mad.

Then we have a plethora of Harley ornaments that we've either given my Dad or somehow he acquired.

Here's a ceramic motorcycle.

And some round ones...


This is one of my favorites... an Elf sleeping in a saddle bag.


And Jr and I started a tradition for our kids. We're buying a new ornament every year for our tree:

In 2006, 2 weeks before xmas Jr and I went to Disneyland without Diego and Alayna as our gift. So that's when we decided to start the ornanment tradition. And we brought back one ornament for each of them.

This is Alayna's. It's actually an antennae ball but, at the time she was really obsessed with Mickey Mouse and we wanted something really cutesy looking... and I feel in love with this one. So we threaded ribbon through it and ta-da!

Here's Diego's. No need for an explination. Since he was 3 til he was 5 he was OBSESSED with the movie Cars. So this is what we brought him back from Disneyland.

In 2007 we got married and since then I have been looking for a bride and groom ornament to commemorate that year. We found some at the Hallmark store but they weren't that cute and way too expensive. So maybe I'll just make it.

For this year... I am waiting till the after xmas sales on Friday. But I am thinking of something with a baby on it... since we had a new baby this year.


Hope you liked my Christmas tour! Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Jose said...

Michelle, I was given an award and I am gladly passing it along to you. Come to my blog to claim it and you'll agree with me that you are a worthy recepient of it.

Love ya, and come and get it.

Jose said...

Love the tour. The decorations did come out nice. We should have a great time on Christmas day.

Betty F said...

I love the photos and the ornaments. My Grand son's favorite movie, book, pajamas whatever is Cars. Just like Diego