The Queen: Michelle

The Queen: Michelle
I am 28 years old. Still a princess but the queen of my family. Spoiled beyond belief. Lucky and truely blessed. A lover. A crafter. A mother. A wife. A friend. This is me.

My King: Junior

My King: Junior
The LOVE of my life! He completes me and balances me out in every way. He's a workaholic. He's loud, blunt, and crazy. He drinks Monsters like his life depends on it. Above all he is the greatest Daddy I could ever ask for, for my children. And he treats me like his Queen (and he calls me that too).

The Model Child: Diego Ray

The Model Child: Diego Ray
9 years old. My only boy. He is the epitome of the perfect child. He is so responsible and independent. Wise beyond his years. He is laughter, he is love, he is compassion, he is simply amazing. He keeps me grounded and reminds me always that I am beautiful. He is a natural born leader and takes care of the household and family better than me!

The Diva: Alayna Danae

The Diva: Alayna Danae
7 years old. She is drama. My fashionista for sure with a style all her own. Sensitive and loving when she wants to be. Thumbsucker. My biggest headache because she is the most like me. She is the only one who can cause me to become uncontrollably angry. She loves to dance. She loves to model. My bookworm and most academic.

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace
4 years old. This one is something else. She is pure comedy. Never a dull moment with her crazy antics. She is also the crybaby. She does things her own way. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be cute to get it. My Disney loving pal. So girly. Her favorite color is pink. Loves Rapunzel. Will wear a dress every single day. Can't leave the house without a bow in her hair. She refuses.

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle
2 years old. My sweet baby. She loves her Mommy above all else. She is a cuddlebug for sure. The calmest most well behaved baby ever! But she has TONS of energy. She is so small and petite. She loves to sing and dance. She so SO ready for ballet and has yet to even step foot in a class. She loves Minnie Mouse and watching Disney Jr. She is hilarious and talks way too much.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Welcome Miss Atalie Belle

Well shortly after I posted my last blog post on Wednesday night, Atalie's birth story began...

You see I hit publish on my blog and then decided, everyone was sleeping and I was the only one awake still so I might as well make my time useful and pack the kids bag. I knew I had an appointment Thursday afternoon with my Dr. and he'd schedule my induction. So I needed to be prepared so I could figure out where and with who we were leaving our kids. My bag had been packed and ready, Atalie's bag was packed and ready, so I packed the other bag. As I waddled around the house for 45 minutes going back and forth putting together outfits finding shoes, socks, underwear, and all that stuff I started to feel some contractions. Nothing big, nothing I hadn't been feeling for a few weeks. I continued to pack and wrote myself some lists of things I'd need to grab last minute but couldn't pack right away because we use it on a daily basis. I made a list of what I needed to get done on Thursday (make phone calls, drop off a Dr's note top Diego's school, grocery list for fast easy meals for when I came home from the hospital). And then I headed to bed. By this time it was 12:30am.

I couldn't get comfortable, I kept feeling the contractions, but I was used to getting them more at night. By 1:30am I realized, "Holy cow these are coming more often now... I think..." See I've never gone in to labor on my own, I was induced all 3 times, so I had no practice with contractions at all. So I decided to get up and walk around. Maybe I was just so tired I was imagining it.

Jr is a light sleeper and being so close to the end he was used to checking on me in the middle of the night. So at 2am he woke up and realized I was no longer next to him. I was in the hallway when he walked out and scared the heck out of me. I told him I was possibly having real timeable contractions. So we decided to start timing them. Sure enough after an hour I had had one every 10 minutes. Knowing that it was possible they could stop I didn't want to go to the hospital and just have them send me home. But I also knew that by my 4th pregnancy... if I waited too long or if my water were to break, I could labor extremely fast and maybe not have time for an epidural. There was no way I wanted to chance that. But it was still only 3am and so I decided to shower and see if that helped. So I did but they still continued every 10 minutes pretty much on the dot. 4am rolled around and Jr was pressing me to go to the hospital as I was starting to get them stronger but still bearable, there were a few that I had to stop and breathe through. I tried to lay down and relax. It worked for a little bit and they started to ease up. But then my back started to hurt and that's when I was in pain. Albeit still bearable I was extremely frustrated that the pain in my back wouldn't go away. It was worse then the abdominal contractions. And so after Jr asking me one more time to let him take me to the hospital, I gave in.

My Dad was getting up to go to work when we told him we were gonna have to go to the hospital. So he stayed with the sleeping kids and we grabbed our bags and headed off. We got there a little after 5am and checked in. They took me straight to OB Triage, an all too familiar place for me since I was there twice a week anyway for all my non-stress tests and monitoring. One of my regular nurses was the one who took me back. We explained that I was having contractions since 1:30am (that we timed) and she hooked me up to the monitors while she called my Dr. After a while she said my contractions were now 8-10 minutes apart. I could definitely feel them every time now but still not in really bad pain. But they were starting to get worse.

After talking to my Dr. he told them to admit me since he was going to schedule my induction at my appointment that day anyway. So I just had to wait for a room. We made calls and Jr arranged everything, who was taking the kids to school and who'd they be staying with since we weren't heading back home. I was informed a room was ready for me and they would take me up and proceed to give me pitocin anyway to induce my labor and make things faster. I was okay with that. But 10 minutes later a woman made her way into Triage screaming in pain kinda like in the movies. Huffing and puffing, they checked her quickly and she was dilated to a 6 already and her water had broken, so my room was given to her.

I slept in triage for 2 hours before they got us another room. And we were taken away and I was placed in my labor room.

By this time it was 11pm and my Dad, Mother-in-law, and my bestie Tiffany had joined us in my room.

Right away they started me on pitocin and things got into swing quickly. I started having more painful contractions 5 minutes apart right away. Horrible pain I tell ya.

And they got the anesthesiologist in my room as soon as they could. Didn't take her long to have it in and then I was feeling better after a little while. And I got some much needed sleep! And Jr and the nurses got to be silly...

(On a sidenote: I was happy that a few of the nurses who have seen me throughout my pregnancy were there on the day I gave birth too.)

When I woke up again I was already completely dilated and they called my Dr. This was at about 4pm. It still took him an hour to arrive. But at 5pm on the dot he was there and ready to go.

By this time my epidural was starting to wear off so even though I couldn't feel the pain of the contractions I could feels TONS of pressure and it was hard to breathe. But everything happened quickly they had the room ready and I literally pushed one count of 10 and she was out. (The only time I really had to push was with Arielle and I still only pushed maybe 5 minutes with her) My babies pretty much just slip out everytime.

And just like that she was here. I immediately thought she reminded me of Diego when he was born. Then I couldn't believe how hairy she was! All my kids have been born with heads FULL of hair but Atalie was not only born with hair on her head, but hair on her entire body! She was like a monkey! And darker than my girls were. And I was so happy that this little Princess was finally here with us! The best feeling for sure. I don't care how many times you grow through it, it's awesome welcoming a new baby into your family. And I couldn't help but lock eyes with Jr and know he felt the EXACT same way. It's amazing how quickly our hearts can grow to make a place for another child. She's ours and she is perfect.

Born on April 8th at 5:11pm.
She weighed 6lbs 10oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law were the firsts to meet her since they were also in the room when I gave birth.

But after I was stitched up they quickly gave me some apple juice and Graham crackers cuz I was starving!

Then the people started coming in...

Hello Grandpa!

Hello Nina!

Hello Tio Oscar!

Hello Tio Luis!

Hello Tio Juan!

Hello Nino!

And after all our visitors had gone we finally got some sleep.

And since Mommy never woke up until the morning... she spent the night hogging Daddy's sofa bed.

I pretty much slept off and on until Noon the next day while Daddy was on duty with Atalie. I really needed to sleep since I hadn't slept much the previous 48 hours. But when I did finally get up and shower I felt good and decided to snap a few pictures for myself.

And 23 hours after giving birth we were preparing to be discharged... and so we waited... Got Atalie dressed to meet her siblings... and Jr went picture crazy with me.

We thanked Mom for helping me and being there with us to welcome Miss Atalie. I know she got to see her before us and is probably smiling down hearing everyone say "Atalie looks like her Jamma!"

And exactly 24 hours after Atalie was born we were being wheeled out of the hospital for home!

We stopped and picked up the kids from my brother/sister-in-law's house where they were for 2 days.

They were happy to meet their baby sister!

And the girls fought over who was going to get to hold her... and they wore the "Daddy's Lil Girl" shirts that we bought them to match their baby sister.

And we finally came home and Atalie got settled in her pack n play.

I can't believe we're a family of 6 now!


Anonymous said...

Awesome Miche! I can't wait to meet her.

Ariana said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful. I'm glad everything went well and that you are all healthy :)

Jenny from the Blog said...

Man, my hair sure is beautiful and shiny!

Oh and Atalie is adorable too! But she already knows that.

Thanks for allowing me to share your experience with you! Love you!

Claudia said...


Alexis said...

LIttle Miss Atalie is sooooooo adorable!:) Too cute :D Congratulations!!! I'm glad everything went well!

Newborn pictures?:) Oh and you'll need some more family pictures! Yeahh!:D

Anonymous said...

congratulationes Michelle que bueno que too salio bien y que tu chiquita esta preciosa. Disfruta a tu linda familia de 6 porque como dice tu MIG el tiempo vuela.
Besitos para tus bebes peero enespecial para Atalie Belle.
Tu tia Ade.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!! Michelle you are a beautiful mommy too. Love the family photos.
April 7th or 8th????

Jose said...

I still say she is you all over again. But I am loving that she may look like jamma. :)

tiffandkevin said...

I am so happy that I could be there!