The Queen: Michelle

The Queen: Michelle
I am 28 years old. Still a princess but the queen of my family. Spoiled beyond belief. Lucky and truely blessed. A lover. A crafter. A mother. A wife. A friend. This is me.

My King: Junior

My King: Junior
The LOVE of my life! He completes me and balances me out in every way. He's a workaholic. He's loud, blunt, and crazy. He drinks Monsters like his life depends on it. Above all he is the greatest Daddy I could ever ask for, for my children. And he treats me like his Queen (and he calls me that too).

The Model Child: Diego Ray

The Model Child: Diego Ray
9 years old. My only boy. He is the epitome of the perfect child. He is so responsible and independent. Wise beyond his years. He is laughter, he is love, he is compassion, he is simply amazing. He keeps me grounded and reminds me always that I am beautiful. He is a natural born leader and takes care of the household and family better than me!

The Diva: Alayna Danae

The Diva: Alayna Danae
7 years old. She is drama. My fashionista for sure with a style all her own. Sensitive and loving when she wants to be. Thumbsucker. My biggest headache because she is the most like me. She is the only one who can cause me to become uncontrollably angry. She loves to dance. She loves to model. My bookworm and most academic.

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace
4 years old. This one is something else. She is pure comedy. Never a dull moment with her crazy antics. She is also the crybaby. She does things her own way. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be cute to get it. My Disney loving pal. So girly. Her favorite color is pink. Loves Rapunzel. Will wear a dress every single day. Can't leave the house without a bow in her hair. She refuses.

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle
2 years old. My sweet baby. She loves her Mommy above all else. She is a cuddlebug for sure. The calmest most well behaved baby ever! But she has TONS of energy. She is so small and petite. She loves to sing and dance. She so SO ready for ballet and has yet to even step foot in a class. She loves Minnie Mouse and watching Disney Jr. She is hilarious and talks way too much.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Camping Weekend Day 2

This morning we woke up early and decided to head 45 mins to the nearest town to get to Walmart. We needed a few things so we woke up, had some hot chocolate, and loaded up the kids.


But the day was not looking good...


But afterall it was still waaaay early in the morning... so we did our shopping and headed back to camp by about 10am. Another 45 mins back. Well... it would have been 45 minutes but was actually more like an hour and a half because Jr took a wrong turn and we ended up a little lost. See? Adventure.

But I did get to see some cool things on our drive... like cows, and squirrels, and pretty trees.










Once back at camp the day was starting to get sunny... so we made some breakfast and decided that afterwards we were going to take the kids for a little hike.

So everyone was ready and we started our hike... I kid you not... not even 5 minutes into our hike the sky turned dark grey, the wind started to pick up, and we heard thunder and started seeing lighting. And that was our cue to head back. We were literally like less than 30 yards away from our camp so we hauled butt back.












So we got all the kids into the tent and we huddled together waiting to see what would happen. And the thunder got closer and closer and louder and louder...


And quickly it started to rain and hail and pour on our poor little tent... for HOURS!




We were cooped up in the tent with 5 kids for a few hours! Until finally the other 3 adults decided to just go outside. But not me... there was no way I was getting soaked. So I stayed inside.

But after a few hours of pounding rain the tent started to leak and our blankets were getting soaked so we were finally forced to run the kids into the cars and pack up our camp in the rain. There was no way we could stay any longer with all of our stuff getting wet, being cold, and the possibility of the kids getting sick... or in Arielle's case getting sicker because she already had a runny nose. Even if we wanted to stick it out there was no way our stuff would be dry in time for us to go to bed... so our trip was cut short...




And we were back on the road by the evening headed for home. And James and Felicia even pulled over when they saw all the fog in the distance. They thought of me and my picture opportunities!










Further down the road we actually drove through the fog...






After a long drive back home we finally arrived, fed the kids dinner, and everyone was in bed right away. We were so tired... but glad to be home... even if we were sad about leaving early.

No comments: