The Queen: Michelle

The Queen: Michelle
I am 28 years old. Still a princess but the queen of my family. Spoiled beyond belief. Lucky and truely blessed. A lover. A crafter. A mother. A wife. A friend. This is me.

My King: Junior

My King: Junior
The LOVE of my life! He completes me and balances me out in every way. He's a workaholic. He's loud, blunt, and crazy. He drinks Monsters like his life depends on it. Above all he is the greatest Daddy I could ever ask for, for my children. And he treats me like his Queen (and he calls me that too).

The Model Child: Diego Ray

The Model Child: Diego Ray
9 years old. My only boy. He is the epitome of the perfect child. He is so responsible and independent. Wise beyond his years. He is laughter, he is love, he is compassion, he is simply amazing. He keeps me grounded and reminds me always that I am beautiful. He is a natural born leader and takes care of the household and family better than me!

The Diva: Alayna Danae

The Diva: Alayna Danae
7 years old. She is drama. My fashionista for sure with a style all her own. Sensitive and loving when she wants to be. Thumbsucker. My biggest headache because she is the most like me. She is the only one who can cause me to become uncontrollably angry. She loves to dance. She loves to model. My bookworm and most academic.

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace
4 years old. This one is something else. She is pure comedy. Never a dull moment with her crazy antics. She is also the crybaby. She does things her own way. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be cute to get it. My Disney loving pal. So girly. Her favorite color is pink. Loves Rapunzel. Will wear a dress every single day. Can't leave the house without a bow in her hair. She refuses.

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle
2 years old. My sweet baby. She loves her Mommy above all else. She is a cuddlebug for sure. The calmest most well behaved baby ever! But she has TONS of energy. She is so small and petite. She loves to sing and dance. She so SO ready for ballet and has yet to even step foot in a class. She loves Minnie Mouse and watching Disney Jr. She is hilarious and talks way too much.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Date Night

Yesterday Jr invited me out for date night. He didn't tell me our plans (because he never has one) but my parents so graciously agreed to watch our lovely, wonderful, precious children. So as the evening approached I got ready. I even got to wear my new maternity clothes that I haven't worn because at home I live in sweats, shorts, and tank tops... and sometimes PJs. So I was pretty excited.

So when my parents got home they had their plans in order. Take the kids to eat dinner at Wendy's (cuz it's cheaper when you have to feed 3 little monsters... plus the kids love the frostys) and then they were going to head to Westgate to walk around. My Dad took my point-and-shoot camera and took some pictures but I'll let him post that blog. Since he knows all the details. All I know is the kids had tons of fun and were well-behaved! Of course they would be... these are my children we're talking about here! They're angels!

As for Jr and I, we decided on the only thing we know how to do... dinner and a movie. I know... typical right? What can I say we have no imagination. err... scratch that... I have an imagination but anything I'd wanna do would never interest Jr. Ahh such is life being married to Mr. Mundane. But I can't complain because he takes the time to ask me out when he can so we can be alone. And it's so important for Jr and I to have that time when we can especially since we'll have 4 kids soon and it's getting harder and harder to have our "own" time. Funny thing is we usually spend our whole evening talking about the kids!

So the dinner plans got scratched when we decided to make an appearance at his brother's baby shower. (His older brother and his fiance are having their first child... she also has a little boy from a previous relationship... but this is technically his brother's first and he's the oldest.) We weren't going to go. Long story. And it was per Jr's decision. But I always try and remind him... not matter how much we don't get along with his family at times... family is the only thing we got and it's more important for us not to stoop down to their level and act like them in certain situations. So we decided to go ahead and go for a little while. As much as I didn't care to see 95% of the people there I always make the best of the situation. And deep down I knew Jr should be there and deep down I knew he was happy to be there... and to me that's all that matters. Even if I don't say a word to most of those people... they can't say we don't support them. And above all they had lots of food (hey we're Mexican you know we always have TONS of food) and so I ate 2 plates and we didn't have to spend money on dinner. Works for me!

Afterward we headed over to AMC at Westgate to watch a movie. I've have a gift card to there for months now and since we don't get out much we still hadn't used it. So we get there and decide to watch Law Abiding Citizen. So we get our tickets and I tell Jr, "Man our date night has been free so far!" But of course he decides to go to the concessions. And if you know me well you know I am cheap. Very cheap. I take my own drinks and snacks... and sometimes even pop my own popcorn before we go. Seriously I can't stand paying the ridiculous prices at the theaters when it's so expensive just to get in. I really am cheap. But Jr on the other hand will buy me things at full price if he knows I will like it. And that applies to anything... food, clothes, purses, presents. It drives me crazy! Usually I will tell him, "I could have gotten that cheaper... or if you got this kind it wouldn't have cost so much... or I didn't need it THAT bad for you to spend that much on it." And again this is no matter the cost of an item. And that drives him crazy. So of course last night was no different I said, "All I want is a soda and since I shouldn't drink so much of it I'll share it with you." So he orders a large Coke. Then the girl says, "Since you bought a large coke you can get the Twilight souvenier cup for 50 cents extra..." and Jr says to me as she is still speaking, "I know you'll LOVE that so I have to get it for you." I laughed but hey for 50 cents I didn't fight it. So I think we're ready to go and Jr says, "You're gonna be hungry... I know. How about nachos?" So of course I hesitate but agree because I know he won't stop asking if I don't get something and since we hadn't spent money the whole night I was okay with it. So they girl says, "Do you need extra cheese?" And I he of course buys the extra because he doesn't want me running out. Okay so we're done right... let's get into our movie. But oh no... then Jr needs popcorn. 5 minutes before Jr didn't want popcorn. So we get a small popcorn. Okay now we're done right? So I take the popcorn and walk over to the butter machine because popcorn isn't popcorn without EXTRA butter! And when I come back there is a bag of Reese's Pieces (my favorite candy) on the counter and Jr is paying the girl $20 for our stuff. I was like... "Uhh I thought we were trying to save money here... we were doing so well!" But Jr was like, "It's your favorite candy..." Sometimes Jr just cracks me up. Seriously. That's what I love about him... he's always trying to make me happy. He doesn't have to try that hard actually... but he does and I appreciate him so much!



But all in all it was a great night with my husband. The movie was awesome! Totally "our" kind of movie... and by "our" I mean a movie that we can both agree on to watch. It was full of action for Jr and still had a general story and was interesting enough for me because I can't stand movies that are just killing and shooting and there's not really a purpose. Or in other words what I call a "boy movie". I hate when Jr watched boy movies. Boring! But I highly recommend that movie. I really liked it!

2 comments:

LilyBugsMama said...

So sweet. Movies is something we haven't done since she popped out. Must do that soon. :D

Michelle said...

Dawn - We rarely go to the movies... I can't justify paying $19.50 just to get in! I'd rather rent a $1 movie from redbox at Walgreens then get me some cheapo snacks while I am at it. But sometimes it's just nice to go out.