The Queen: Michelle

The Queen: Michelle
I am 28 years old. Still a princess but the queen of my family. Spoiled beyond belief. Lucky and truely blessed. A lover. A crafter. A mother. A wife. A friend. This is me.

My King: Junior

My King: Junior
The LOVE of my life! He completes me and balances me out in every way. He's a workaholic. He's loud, blunt, and crazy. He drinks Monsters like his life depends on it. Above all he is the greatest Daddy I could ever ask for, for my children. And he treats me like his Queen (and he calls me that too).

The Model Child: Diego Ray

The Model Child: Diego Ray
9 years old. My only boy. He is the epitome of the perfect child. He is so responsible and independent. Wise beyond his years. He is laughter, he is love, he is compassion, he is simply amazing. He keeps me grounded and reminds me always that I am beautiful. He is a natural born leader and takes care of the household and family better than me!

The Diva: Alayna Danae

The Diva: Alayna Danae
7 years old. She is drama. My fashionista for sure with a style all her own. Sensitive and loving when she wants to be. Thumbsucker. My biggest headache because she is the most like me. She is the only one who can cause me to become uncontrollably angry. She loves to dance. She loves to model. My bookworm and most academic.

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace
4 years old. This one is something else. She is pure comedy. Never a dull moment with her crazy antics. She is also the crybaby. She does things her own way. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be cute to get it. My Disney loving pal. So girly. Her favorite color is pink. Loves Rapunzel. Will wear a dress every single day. Can't leave the house without a bow in her hair. She refuses.

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle
2 years old. My sweet baby. She loves her Mommy above all else. She is a cuddlebug for sure. The calmest most well behaved baby ever! But she has TONS of energy. She is so small and petite. She loves to sing and dance. She so SO ready for ballet and has yet to even step foot in a class. She loves Minnie Mouse and watching Disney Jr. She is hilarious and talks way too much.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Today was my day. I was woken up by two sets of hands poking me. Barely being able to open my eyes I looked and saw Diego and Alayna standing in front of me smiling and they said, "Happy Mother's Day!"

What a great way to start my day.

But then I had to clean the house. Because you know even though it's Mother's Day... it doesn't mean my kids will automatically magically stop making messes. Thank goodness it wasn't that bad though. A quick sweep and mop of the house while the kids picked up their room and I threw in a couple loads of laundry. I was done in about an hour. Yay!

That's when my aunt called me and suggested that we make some carne asada at her house in honor of Mother's Day. That sounds like my idea of a good time so we were on board. Packed our stuff and were out the door.

Before heading over though, we went to see my Mama. As we pulled up we saw my brother and sister-in-law Jen and the kids there! Fancy seeing you people there... nice meeting in a cemetary... glad you came over to these parts...

The kids got to leave their gifts... and we noticed there were flowers there already... she had had previous visitors (my aunt and her kids) how nice!


Then we just hung out a while...




Then before leaving we got some family picture with our Mom... with each family's added new member!




Then we headed to my aunts with the meat and my Jr grilled it up for us. Oh man it was sooooo good!


We enjoyed the food and eachother's company


And the kids played on the slip n slide... but I got to take pictures of them in their bathing suits.


My Arielle looked so cute in her itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polkadot bikini... all 97 precentile of her...




And after hanging out a while we headed home.

But it was such a beautiful day and the weather was wonderful that I told Jr I wanted to hang out in the front yard.

So Jr spread out the blankets in the grass and my kids blew bubbles for me. I love bubbles. And I love watching them blow them for me. Win/Win.




This right here is my WHOLE life... I LOVE THEM!


And we just hung out together as a family. I enjoyed watching my kids interact together and be themselves having fun... and no one fought the entire time.








And Alayna never ceases to amaze me. We're sitting there having a conversation when she just stops mid-sentence and looks up at the sky and says...

Alayna: Look I see Grandma!
Me: Where?
Alayna: Up there! (Pointing at the sky)
Me: Oh...
Alayna: Happy Mother's Day Jamma! (Yelling)
Me: So what does she look like?
Alayna: Like an Angel of course (as she stares at the sky in amazement)
Me: Oh of course she does... <3 <3 <3



And so the other kids tried to find Jamma too... they didn't believe Alayna could see her. Well Diego didn't believe her... Arielle just kept looking for her.




But she sat there for minutes staring up into the sky and then stood up and waved like a mad woman when Jamma flew away...


After that Arielle still continued to blow bubbles... she never lost interest in blowing them.








And the only thing I asked for... was a picture of me and my kids... just one... but my husband took more than that...






And they were imperfectly perfect!

I had a great great day... my kids make it the best. For without them, I wouldn't be able to celebrate this holiday for me. I may not have my Mom but I have my kids... they still give me reason.



2 comments:

Kelly Tirman said...

all your pictures are REALLY good but that pic of Arielle is TOTALLY AMAZING!

*Tiff* said...

I love the fact that you and your family visit your mom so much. It shows how big of a part she played and still plays in your lives. It also shows how close a family should be. Happy late mothers day!