The Queen: Michelle

The Queen: Michelle
I am 28 years old. Still a princess but the queen of my family. Spoiled beyond belief. Lucky and truely blessed. A lover. A crafter. A mother. A wife. A friend. This is me.

My King: Junior

My King: Junior
The LOVE of my life! He completes me and balances me out in every way. He's a workaholic. He's loud, blunt, and crazy. He drinks Monsters like his life depends on it. Above all he is the greatest Daddy I could ever ask for, for my children. And he treats me like his Queen (and he calls me that too).

The Model Child: Diego Ray

The Model Child: Diego Ray
9 years old. My only boy. He is the epitome of the perfect child. He is so responsible and independent. Wise beyond his years. He is laughter, he is love, he is compassion, he is simply amazing. He keeps me grounded and reminds me always that I am beautiful. He is a natural born leader and takes care of the household and family better than me!

The Diva: Alayna Danae

The Diva: Alayna Danae
7 years old. She is drama. My fashionista for sure with a style all her own. Sensitive and loving when she wants to be. Thumbsucker. My biggest headache because she is the most like me. She is the only one who can cause me to become uncontrollably angry. She loves to dance. She loves to model. My bookworm and most academic.

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace

The Wild Child: Arielle Marie-Grace
4 years old. This one is something else. She is pure comedy. Never a dull moment with her crazy antics. She is also the crybaby. She does things her own way. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be cute to get it. My Disney loving pal. So girly. Her favorite color is pink. Loves Rapunzel. Will wear a dress every single day. Can't leave the house without a bow in her hair. She refuses.

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle

The Munchkin: Atalie Belle
2 years old. My sweet baby. She loves her Mommy above all else. She is a cuddlebug for sure. The calmest most well behaved baby ever! But she has TONS of energy. She is so small and petite. She loves to sing and dance. She so SO ready for ballet and has yet to even step foot in a class. She loves Minnie Mouse and watching Disney Jr. She is hilarious and talks way too much.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Picnic and The Bees

Tonight Jr told me to stop at Taco Bell after picking up Diego from school to get dinner. I hate Taco Bell... but he LOVES it... and so do the kids. But I've been not feeling well and in bed practically ALL day that I decided to go with it just so I wouldn't have to cook. I love cooking... but I have been a cooking fool lately and this break was much needed.

So that is what we did. And when I pulled into our apartments it's like the rays of light were shining on the ramada outside of our back patio. Trying to tell me... "Eat outside, the weather is so nice, the kids can run, and you'll feel better if you get some fresh air." So I pitched the idea to the kids and they were all over it. So I ran inside to get drinks and we ate.





Then we got bombarded by bees. Okay so it was only 3 bees... but I had to fight them off! They were after our lemonade! So I had nothing to try and swat them with... I looked around... and untied my Coach scarf from my Coach bag. And if Jr knew that he'd kill me! LOL But my lemonade was at stake! And lemonade for pregnant women is very important... so just go with me here. So the thing is too light to even make an impact on said bees. Then Diego runs off back into the apartment and comes back with a diaper, "Here Mom... I got something better..."
So here I go. The first bee lands on my soda can... SWAT! Got it! And we cheer. But there's still 2 more threatening our delicious drinks. Here comes the second one for the same soda can. So I wait as it climbs inside the empty can... I carefully pick up the can with the bee inside... place it upside down on the ground and stomp the can to crush it. The kids cheer for victory again! Yay Mommy! But wait... what does Diego see? The stupid little monster wiggles his way out from under the can and starts to fly off! Oh no you DON'T... not at my picnic you don't. So I swat at it and it hits the ground and I proceed to smash it with my boot. Yay Victory number 2! So maybe the 3rd bee has learned it's lesson not to mess with me. And we eat quietly for the next 5 minutes and I revel in my smugness of conquering these insects without Jr's help. Yay me! Then out of the corner of my eye what do I see? The 3rd bee land on the crushed soda can that we placed on the edge of the table (cuz we don't litter don't cha know?) And I get up annoyed that he has come back to face me. Hello? I haven't been feeling good lately and you want to challenge me? NOT a good idea. So I swat at the can with the diaper once again, and at this point I am thinking... if anyone is watching me from their windows I MUST look hilarious. A pregnant mad woman swating at the air with a diaper. But I hit the can with the bee on it and it falls directly into my Coach purse! Now what do I do?! I look inside and the bee isn't dead but it is struggling to move. There is no way I am sticking my hand in there to grab the can. What do I do? Now I think I need Jr. And lo and behold... he pulls into the parking lot! My hero! But before he has a chance to make it to me the bee flies out of my purse and I attack it with the diaper once again. And peace is restored to our dinner one again. And I didn't go into the long story but I told Jr I killed 3 bees without his help. He was proud... or uninterested... I couldn't tell which.

After we ate the kids decided to run around. I like when they burn energy. Jr went inside. And right away Alayna and Diego started picking flowers for me. They do this EVERY chance they get no matter where we are. But I only let them pick one each or they will literally pick ever flower off of every bush they see.







It's cute.

And Diego snuck in picking an extra one. I watched him. He looked around, thought no one was watching and picked it. The he walked over to a rock where Alayna was sitting and said, "Shh I picked this one for Jamma." And he holds it in his hand as he does the sign of the cross. (I do the sign of the cross everytime I pass the cemetary where she is buried... but I've been doing this since my Grandpa passed away 5 years ago since he is there too)

Then Alayna says, " But Jamma isn't here Diego, she died remember?" Then sadly says, "She was my best Grandma ever..."

But Diego, still whispering because he doesn't want me to know that he picked an extra fower says, "Yes she is, but she's still with us. In the air all around us. We can't see her but she can see us. We can talk to her and she can still hear us... even though we can't hear her anymore..."

And before he could finish Alayna screams (ridiculously loud might I add), "Hi Grandma! I love you!" and giggles. Then whispers to Diego, "I know she heard me and she loves me too!"

My eyes are filling with tears... Big time. Good thing I am wearing sunglasses right?

And Diego lays the flowers on the rock and kisses them and says, "I love Jamma too. Now it's our job to make sure our baby sisters know all about our best Grandma."

"We can tell them stories and show them pictures Diego!" Alayna squeals... very excitedly.

And that was it. Then they came to take back the flowers they had brought me in order to decorate their hair.





Dang kids make me cry. I am so glad to have them. They see the optimism in everything. When I miss her the most... I remember that she is here... through them. They help to remind me.

8 comments:

Jose said...

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
And I know I'm in your prayers
Oh I'm already there

Wise little kids arent' they?

Anonymous said...

They're adorable Michelle. You got extremely lucky with those kids, they're fantastic. I don't doubt Diego will educate the babies about his grandma. :)

Anonymous said...

Aw Michelle that made my eyes get really watery & I am not wearing sun glasses! Lol kids say the best things, especially when it's about My Nina...jeez that was amazing what Diego said. Well i think that if anything my Nina will always stay with Diego like our grandma with Juan, and that makes me very happy. :)

-becca

Michelle said...

Dad - I am glad you and I can relate to the same music. I cried reading that especially since I am alone but that makes me feel better.

Tracy & Becca- Yes I have to agree. I am blessed with awesome kids. They are the ones keeping me going.

Chely said...

The memoir is very adorable. I could just hear Alayna's screams to her Grandma, sweet.

Que Tierno=)

Betty F said...

Michelle These are beautiful. I love all of them. Looks like fun int he desert.

Ade said...

Mich, gracias por compartir y quiero decirte que todos los dias te visito aunque a veces solo sea para mirar cuantos dias mas te faltan para que llegue el nuevo bebe.
Me gustaria tomar unas de tus fotos para mi album personal puedo?
tu tia Ade.
Besos para mis sobrinos.

Michelle said...

Tia Chely - Yes it was so sweet. And so unexpected. But that's Alayna... she does what she feels whenever she feels like it. Impulsive like her Jamma.

Betty - It was fun to get my camera back out!

Tia Ade - Si como no! Ahi estan para que toda la familia las puedan disfrutar. Mi Tia Chely ya tiene una collecion de mis photos ;)